TIE-41206 Human-Centered Product Development, 5 cr
Implementation TIE-41206 2019-01
Learning outcomes of the course: The student understands how to take user needs and requirements into account when developing interactive products in general and in software projects in particular. Student can apply a lean human-centered design process in design and development activities.
After completing the course the student knows how to:
- describe the whole lifecycle of product development, the parts of the lifecycle and their meaning in interactive product development
- identify suitable human centered methods for different situations and phases of product development
- evaluate analytically the functioning of a cross-functional team
- apply human centered design in lean product development projects
- plan the usability/user experience work in a development project together with the team members
- identify and exploit academic, commercial, and other relevant sources of information and inspiration to support human-centered product development.
|Period||3 - 4|
|Methods of instruction|
|Person responsible||Jari Varsaluoma|
Numerical evaluation scale (0-5)
Individual assessment of skills and learning, and group assignment.
|Type||Name||Author||ISBN||Additional information||Language||Examination material|
|Other online content||The articles related to lectures and other provided materials and links.||English||Yes|