Physics, 20 cr
Type of the study module
|-||After the minor studies in physics the student:
- can solve basic problems and tasks in physics and draw conlusions;
- recognizes and distinguishes different fields in physics;
- understands the physical background behind technological processes in the society;
- understands the physical principles and their relevance;
- can write scientific reports and present results;
- can find physical information independently and distinguishes the relevant and reliable information from the data.
Optional Compulsory Courses
These courses are lectured every other year. Recommended year of study is thus 2nd or 3rd year, according to availability.
Must be selected at least 20 credits of courses
|FYS-1326 Methods in Physics||5 cr||II|
|FYS-1346 Thermal Physics||5 cr||III|
|FYS-1366 Nanophysics||5 cr||II|
|FYS-1406 Optics||5 cr||II|
|FYS-1466 Introduction to Quantum Mechanics||5 cr||II|
|FYS-1476 Structure of Matter||5 cr||II|
The minor studies in physics build on the common core studies by providing the students with more extensive and detailed knowledge in physics.
Only intended as a minor