Science and Bioengineering - International Master's Student-Science and Bioengineering
|Head of the Degree Programme:||Matti Karp|
|Faculty Secretary:||Riitta Myyryläinen|
|Study Coordinator:||Suvi-Päivikki Ikonen,Touko Apajalahti|
- The programme provides multidisciplinary high-quality education in diverse fields of science and bioengineering.
- Students attain the competency to work as experts within the fields of modern molecular and instrumental technologies.
- Students attain the competency for scientific postgraduate education in the field of measurement technology related to modern bio- and nanotechnologies.
- Students learn to recognize, manage, and use the scientific and professional concepts of the major (biomeasurements, biotechnology or nanotechnology) as well as manage the basics of the minor(s).
- Students attain the ability to apply scientific methods to current and concrete assignments in the fields of nanotechnology, biotechnology and biomeasurements.
- Students acquire language skills and learn communication and cooperation skills required in working life.
- Common programme studies provide a broad view of science and bioengineering and ensure that students will have the necessary theoretical skills to follow courses in the science and bioengineering programme. Students select freely courses from the list to widen their knowledge. The minimum requirement is 20 credits.
The course SGN-6057 is a prerequisite for the course SGN-6106. If the student has knowledge in biochemistry and microbiology, he/she doesn't have to study the course SGN-6057.
|ACI-20016 Basic Course in Automation Technology||5 cr|
|ACI-51006 Introduction to Microsystem Technology||4 cr|
|BIO-2306 Instrumental Bioanalysis||3 cr|
|BIO-2666 Nanobiotechnologies||4 cr|
|BIO-2786 Pilot Project in Biotechnology||5 cr|
|BIO-4006 Water Chemistry||3 cr|
|BME-1156 Biomedical Engineering A||2 cr|
|BME-1166 Biomedical Engineering B||2 cr|
|BME-1176 Biomedical Engineering C||3 cr|
|FYS-2106 Introduction to Surface Science||6 cr|
|FYS-5106 Optics II||6 cr|
|KIE-1056 Finnish for Beginners 1||3 cr|
|KIE-3376 Technical Writing in English||3 cr|
|MIT-1016 Measurement Technology||5 cr|
|SGN-1107 Introductory Signal Processing||4 cr|
|SGN-6057 Introduction to Cell and Molecular Biology||3 cr|
|SGN-6106 Computational Systems Biology||5 cr|
|TETA-1016 Basics of Industrial Management||4 cr|
|TLT-8017 Basic Communication Circuits - 1||6-7 cr|
|Study block||Credit points|
|Study block||Credit points|
|Biomedical Engineering||25 cr|
|Computational Systems Biology||30 cr|
|Industrial Management||25 cr|
|Materials Research||25 cr|
|Water Management||25 cr|
Master's Thesis (30 cr)
- The master's thesis is an extensive treatise, which trains the student for independent study and research, mastery of scientific methods, the convention of references, and the scientific mode of presentation in a good literary form. The average time to complete the thesis is 6 months.
In connection with the thesis, student has to write a maturity test, which is an essay written on a topic related to the thesis. The test demonstrates the student's command of the thesis topic.