Biomedical Engineering - International Master's Student-Biomedical Engineering
|Head of the Degree Programme:||Jari Hyttinen|
|Study Coordinator:||Juha Nousiainen, Suvi-Päivikki Ikonen|
- Students learn to recognize, manage, and use the scientific and professional concepts of the major as well as manage the basics of the minor(s).
- Students attain the ability to apply scientific methods to carry out measurement, analysis and modelling projects and production sketches in the field of human biology and physiology. current and concrete assignments.
- Students reach the readiness to scientific post-graduate education.
- Students reach the readiness to operate as an expert, especially in multi-disciplinary team work and co-operation with experts of medicine and bio-sciences.
- Students reach the talent for participating in the social conversation and activity of the field.
- Students attain the proficiency in communication and cooperation required by the working life, scientific activity and social conversation.
- Students attain the proficiency in English language required by working life and a positive attitude for international co-operatation.
- To make sure that students possess adequate basic knowledge on engineering mathematics, electrical engineering and computer science for further studies.
- To make sure that the students possess adequate basic knowledge on biomedical engineering for major subject studies
|LTT-1016 Human Anatomy and Physiology||6 cr|
|LTT-1136 Biomedical Engineering||4-6 cr|
|LTT-1806 Biomedical Engineering Laboratory Course||4 cr|
Please select courses from the list to complete the study block¿s requirement (20)
|KIE-1056 Finnish for Beginners 1||3 cr|
|LTT-1126 Measurements of Physiological Systems||4 cr|
|MAT-31096 Matrix Algebra 1||5 cr|
|MAT-31106 Numerical Analysis 1||3 cr|
|MAT-33506 Differential equations||5 cr|
|MAT-41156 Algebra 1||5 cr|
|MIT-1016 Measurement Technology||5 cr|
|OHJ-1106 Programming I||4 cr|
|OHJ-1156 Programming II||5 cr|
|SGN-1107 Introductory Signal Processing||4 cr|
|SGN-6056 Introduction to Computational Systems Biology||3 cr|
|TLT-2106 Basic Course on Networking||5 cr|
|TLT-8017 Basic Communication Circuits - 1||6-7 cr|
|Study block||Credit points|
|Medical Informatics||35 cr|
|Medical Instrumentation||35 cr|
|Medical Physics||35 cr|
|Study block||Credit points|
|Communications Engineering||25 cr|
|Computational Systems Biology (e)||30 cr|
|Control Theory and Instrumentation||20 cr|
|Industrial Management||25 cr|
|Signal Processing||25 cr|
The student can freely choose the courses he/she wants to study.
Master's Thesis (30 cr)
- The master's thesis is an extensive treatise, which trains the student for independent study and research, mastery of scientific methods, the convention of references, and the scientific mode of presentation in a good literary form. The average time to complete the thesis is 6 months.
In connection with the thesis, student has to write a maturity test, which is an essay written on a topic related to the thesis. The test demonstrates the student's command of the thesis topic.