Quantum Control and Dynamics
Welcome to the homepage of the QCAD group! Our team works on several topics in computational physics including quantum dynamics, coherent control, chaotic phenomena, low-dimensional systems, and time-series analysis of complex systems. You can find more information about us and our research in the links above.
Recent News & Highlights
- Oct 2017: There is an open tenure-track position in Computational Physics, see tut.fi --> open positions!
- Sep 2017: Jiyeong and Ilya have presentations at Computing in Cardiology 2017, Rennes!
- Aug 2017: Our paper on "fractal markets" was accepted to IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence.
- Nov 2016: Our paper on quantum scarring was published in Scientific Reports.
- Oct 2016: Our joint paper with the Heart Group at BioMediTech was published in Stem Cell Reviews and Reports!
- Oct 2016: Otto and E.R. appeared with Teppo Mäkynen in YLE Prisma Studio for their drumming project.
- Sep 2016: We were awarded Key Project Funding (300 000 EUR) from the Academy of Finland, 2016-2018.
- Aug 2016: Quantum scars at Bridges2016 Art Exhibition!
- May 2016: Our recent paper about artifical graphene was accepted in Nano Letters!
- May 2016: E.R. gives a three-week lecture series at Waseda University.
- Jun 2015: Our drumming paper was published in PLOS ONE
- May 2015: We are organizing a NORDITA research program in Stockholm, May 18 - June 12 (link)
- Feb 2015: Nikolays latest Phys. Rev. A got accepted in 19 days after submission!
- Oct 2014: Alexander's latest article got accepted in Phys. Rev. A in 10 days after submission - congrats!
- Sep 2014: E.R. promoted as a tenured professor at TUT (story).
- Dec 2013: E.R. selected as a Distinguished Referee of the European Physical Journal, 2013
- Dec 2013: We were granted a Nordic Network on Energy Efficiency with Nanotechnology, 2014-2016!
- Sep 2013: E.R. appointed as an Associate of Harvard University, Department of Physics
- Jun 2013: Academy of Finland awarded us with a grant of ~400.000 EUR !
- Jun 2013: Our paper on local gate control of quantum dots was published as a Rapid Communication
- Feb 2013: We received funding for the organization of a NORDITA Program in Stockholm 2015!
- Our paper on "artificial graphene" was published in Physical Review Letters in June 2012
- European Community's FP7, CRONOS - Time dynamics and control in nanostructures for magnetic recording and energy application, GA No. 280879
- Norden Top-level Research Initiative: Toward Energy-Efficient Electronics with Ultrafast Control of Novel Nanomaterials
- European COST CM1204, XUV/X-ray light and fast ions for ultrafast chemistry (XLIC)
- ETSF - European Theoretical Spectroscopy Facility
- NORDFORSK Network: Time-Domain Quantum Processes Studied by Ultrafast Radiation (2009-2013)