Research in the Laboratory of Pervasive Computing varies a lot from very theoretical topics to quite pragmatic applications. Characteristic to our research is co-operation with the industry and practical applications. Research-work is funded by TEKES (the Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation), Academy of Finland, EU comission and industry.
There are several distinguishable themes in our research:
- Web applications ja cloud services (Tommi Mikkonen, Kari Systä)
- Testing methodologies (Hannu-Matti Järvinen)
- Open source applications (Terhi Kilamo, Tommi Mikkonen)
- Software engineering methodologies and practices (Kari Systä, Tommi Mikkonen)
- Usability and user experience (Kaisa Väänänen)
- Positioning methods and navigation (Jarmo Takala)
- Application specific processors (Timo D. Hämäläinen)
- Architecture design (Jarmo Takala)
- Information security (Jarmo Harju)
- Learning methods research (Hannu-Matti Järvinen)
- Gamification (Juho Hamari)
Partners in cooperation and Business Services
Most of our projects do cooperate with industry and other research institutions. We also offer companies research related services on request.
Contact us to learn about our services for business and collaboration opportunities
Research leading to Doctor's Thesis is supported in Finland in certain research areas through graduate schools. Dept. of Pervasive computing takes part in national SoSE (Software Systems and Engineering) -grad school and TISE (Tampere Graduate School in Information Science and Engineering) -grad school.