The 3rd International Seminar on Advances in Surface Engineering
Event: The 3rd International Seminar on Advances in Surface Engineering (ASE 3) - Special Focus on Thermally Sprayed Coatings and Their Applications
Date: May 28-29, 2015
Location: Tampere University of Technology, Konetalo building, Lecture hall K1703, Tampere, Finland
Surface Engineering group from Tampere University of Technology (TUT) and Thermal Spray Center Finland (TSCF) arrange the 3rd International Seminar on Advances in Surface Engineering (ASE 3) on May 28th-29th at Tampere University of Technology, Finland. The ASE seminar introduces various advanced surface engineering techniques, coating properties and industrial applications of the coatings. The subjects are focused on new inventions in Thermal Spraying, including topics of hybrid thermal spray processes, HVOF, HVAF, cold spraying, powders for thermal spraying, post-treatments of thermal sprayed coatings, thermal spraying in corrosion and wear protection, computational materials engineering, diagnostics, and industrial applications. The seminar topic involves research related to the Hybrid Materials SHOK-programme coordinated by FIMECC. The speakers come from France, Austria, Sweden, Russia, and Finland.
(possible additions or modifications to program still possible)
ASE3 seminar program.pdf (pdf document)
Registration at 8:30
Presentations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Introduction to Thermal Spray Center Finland, Prof. Petri Vuoristo, Professor at Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Thermal spray processes and applications - development trends, Mr. Mathias Karlsson, Sales & Branch Manager at Oerlikon Metco, Linköping, Sweden
- Advanced hybrid thermal spray processes - principles and coating properties, Dr. Sophie Costil, Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard, Belfort, France
- New trends in cold spray technology and coating materials, Dr. Heli Koivuluoto, Senior Research Fellow at Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Developments in thermal spray process monitoring and control by novel diagnostic equipment, Dr. Jussi Larjo, Senior Scientist at Oseir Oy, Finland
- Development on thermal spray materials, Mr. Olav Norheim, Sales Manager at H.C. Starck, Sweden
- From powders to thermal sprayed coatings, M.Sc. Ulla Kanerva, Research scientist at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Post treatment of thermally sprayed coatings for improved corrosion and mechanical properties, Mr. Petri Sorsa, CEO at Millidyne Oy, Finland
- Exploitation of thermal spray coatings for high temperature corrosion protection - Case studies of power plant boilers, D.Sc.(Tech.) Maria Oksa, Senior Scientist at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Boiler supplier's perspective on coatings and claddings, Dr. Mikko Uusitalo, Material Technology Manager at Pulp and Energy Business Line, Valmet Technologies, Inc., Finland
Laboratory tour and coctails at 4 p.m.
Registration at 8:30
Presentations from 9 a.m. to 2.40 p.m.
- Wear properties of chromium carbide based HVOF and HVAF coatings up to 800 °C, Dipl.-Phys. Jonas Norpoth, Scientist at AC2T Research GmbH, Austria
- Onsite thermal spraying for paper industry applications, Mr. Ingmar Vesterlund, Managing Director at PR Rolls Oy, Finland
- Industrial applications of thermal spray coatings in energy, mining and related industries, D.Sc.(Tech.) Juha Sipilä, Project Manager at Telatek Service Oy, Finland
- Computational materials engineering for thermal sprayed coatings, Mr. Tomi Suhonen, Senior Scientist at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Approaches for linking the spray process to coating performance in high velocity thermal spraying, Mr. Tommi Varis, Project Manager at Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Properties and performance of HVAF sprayed hard metal coatings, M.Sc. Ville Matikainen, Doctoral student at Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- HVOF and HVAF coatings for protection of hydroturbines from wear, Mr. Nikolay Kh. Baldaev, Deputy Director for Technologies and Development at Plackart JSC., Moscow, Russia
- Liquid flame spraying for surface modifications - a review, Prof. Jyrki Mäkelä, Professor at Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Summary of thermal spray developments, Prof. Petri Vuoristo, Professor at Tampere University of Technology, Finland