Nordic-Baltic VPHi Workshop
Bring together researchers from the region to facilitate collaboration and to discuss need/ways of getting more organised on VPH-related activities. The Virtual Physiological Human (VPH), also identified with the word "in silico medicine" is the field that encompasses the use of individualised physiology based computer simulations in all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis, prognostic assessment, and treatment of a disease and development of a biomedical product.
Date: 10th - 12th of June 2018
Location: Tampere, Finland
Call for titles of talks (group PIs), deadline 24th of May.
Attendance fee: 150 € (includes social events) / free for students (50 € fee for attending the social events)
Full preliminary programme can be found here
- Get-together in the evening at the University
- Morning session (plenary presentation and 15+5 min presentations by the PI’s of each research group attending)
- Afternoon session (same formula as above)
- Evening event at Hangaslahti sauna
- Morning session (same formula as above)
- Afternoon (discussion on establishing a Nordic-Baltic chapter of VPHi)
- Informal get-together in the evening, if some people stay for an extra night
Wednesday 13th (optional)
- Possible lab tour for those interested, one-on-one discussions
|Peter Hunter (NZ)
||Gunnar Seemann (DE)
||Jérôme Noailly (ES)
The organizing committee of the workshop can be found here.