SMACC - Smart Machines and Manufacturing Competence Centre
SMACC is a competence centre for smart machines and manufacturing formed by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland and Tampere University of Technology. SMACC is building a smarter future for the Finnish manufacturing industry. SMACC offers high-end services in the field of smart machines and manufacturing. Our key assets are rapid solutions, cutting-edge research expertise and extensive partnership networks. Our services are intended for companies
- aspiring to identify their own trumps and development targets in the digital operating environment
- speed up their product and production development
- test the functionality of their solutions with top experts in the field
- improve their overall productivity
Especially for SMEs operating in the manufacturing field.
How to proceed?
SMACC boosts the ecosystem development of the manufacturing industry and serves as a one-stop shop for flexible execution of research-based development projects. The competence centre provides companies with services for technological and business development and a fast lane into the latest research findings. Company needs are refined into joint development targets for the entire industry and SMACC’s broader themes:
- Advanced digital and additive manufacturing
- Digital design and modelling
- Digital services and quality management
- Maintenance and life cycle management
- Automation and robotics.
Companies can join the SMACC community free of charge and gain access to specialised industry information, events, networks and the joint-use SMACC facilities in Kampusareena at TUT.
Check the latest news, events and services at SMACC.