Industry Puzzles Friday
Industry Puzzles Fridays offer SMEs easy access to the expertise of researchers and other professionals based at TUT. The service is designed to help SMEs achieve, among others, the following goals:
- turn product ideas into reality
- develop products or production processes
- take new technologies into use
- resolve challenges that don't have existing solutions in the market
Easy to apply:
- Prepare a brief written description of your company’s challenge.
- Send the description to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The service is designed for existing and active companies. We evaluate the suitability of our service case by case.
The employees at TUT’s Company Services put together a multidisciplinary team of experts and schedule an hour-long meeting for the parties.
The service is free of charge. All discussions and information provided by the company are kept strictly confidential. The purpose of the meeting is to map out potential solutions and opportunities for collaboration with TUT.
Industry Puzzles Fridays take place on the last Friday of each month during the autumn and spring semesters.
Marja Hyypiä, tel. +358 50 300 3611, or email@example.com
Results of Industry Puzzles Fridays
I immediately thought: “That’s perfect for us!”
Anne Luoma from Kemi, Finland, attended the Industry Puzzles Friday to collect ideas for putting the finishing touches on an electronic locking device that is attached to a door frame. The invention was developed by her father, Esko Kinnunen.
Preparing products for foreign market entry
“Our collaboration with TUT continues, and we’re currently testing different plastic materials and structures. I’m going to move fast to ensure that I’m ready to enter the international market ahead of my competitors,” says veterinary physiotherapist Kirsi Piispanen, who runs a gym for dogs.
Fast and easy services
Golla’s representatives got together with TUT’s experts to consider whether technology integrated into a bag could support working on the go.