Research collaboration generates new knowledge, innovations and expertise
Companies can pursue a wide range of projects in collaboration with TUT, such as customized contract research, extensive co-funded projects and international projects. Our measurement and analysis services offer companies the opportunity to develop and test their products.
Owing to our established contract policy and flexible forms of cooperation, companies can easily and relatively quickly engage in collaboration with TUT.
Multidisciplinary research for the benefit of people and the environment
The distinctive strengths of our University include the interaction between fundamental and applied research, extensive international networks, and research projects that cut across conventional disciplinary boundaries. TUT is counted among the world’s foremost research institutions in its leading-edge fields, which include signal processing, optics and photonics, intelligent machines, biomodelling and the built environment.
In addition to the leading-edge fields, our scientific activities focus on four cross-disciplinary thematic areas. They are the digital operating environment, energy- and eco-efficiency, industrial competitiveness and health technology.
Benefits of research collaboration between TUT and companies
- Supports innovation and the development of new business activities.
- Helps companies identify and pull in the best talent.
- Offers access to TUT’s world-class research infrastructure.
- Opens up avenues for establishing contacts with a broad range of national and international partners.
- Improves the quality and relevance of research and funding opportunities.
- Gives companies a front-row seat to the latest research.
- Promotes the transfer of knowledge and technology from TUT to industry.
- Helps address global challenges.
- Promotes the competitiveness of Finnish industry.