Towards a doctorate (PhD)
TUT offers doctoral students a high-standard, inspiring research environment, high-quality supervision and support for pursuing a postgraduate degree.
Doctoral education is organized through TUT's graduate school within the framework of faculty-specific doctoral programmes. The programmes are:
- Doctoral Programme in Biomedical Sciences and Engineering
- Doctoral Programme in Built Environment (Faculty of Business and Built Environment)
- Doctoral Programme in Business and Technology Management (Faculty of Business and Built Environment)
- Doctoral Programme in Computing and Electrical Engineering (Faculty of Computing and Electrical Engineering)
- Doctoral Programme in Engineering and Natural Sciences (Faculty of Natural Sciences)
- Doctoral Programme in Engineering Sciences (Faculty of Engineering Sciences)
In case you are interested in doctoral studies and already know a possible topic for your dissertation, please contact either the doctoral programme that best matches your research interests or a potential supervisor. For more information, please go to the web pages of the programmes.
Applicants who hold one of the following qualifications are eligible to apply for admission:
- a master's degree in a technical-scientific field;
- other degree of a corresponding level that is deemed to provide the student with the necessary competencies to pursue scientific or artistic postgraduate studies;
- or applicable foreign qualifications that render the person eligible for corresponding studies in the country where the degree was obtained