Search begins for President for the new Tampere UniversityTampere University Foundation seeks visionary and change-oriented President for the new Tampere University.
The University of Tampere and Tampere University of Technology are merging to create a new multidisciplinary, foundation-based university that begins its operations on 1 January 2019. The Foundation will also run Tampere University of Applied Sciences as its main owner. The new higher education community in Tampere represents the most significant undertaking to reshape the higher education landscape in Finland to date. The new university will be the second largest in Finland.
The President will lead the process of building a novel and internationally competitive higher education community and the requisite renewal of organizational culture. The President will promote cross-disciplinary collaboration between the priority research areas and create a diverse network to support education, research, societal impact and fund-raising.
The candidate appointed as President will be expected to demonstrate:
• Experience of leading a significant and internationally connected higher education institution, research or innovation unit, public corporation or a large company and of successfully implementing a structural reform
• Experience of successful collaboration with national and international stakeholders involved in research, development and innovation and with financiers
• Commitment to promoting cross-disciplinary research, novel methods of learning and teaching and collaboration with the different sectors of society
• Inspirational and inclusive student- and employee-centred attitude and excellent communication skills
• Excellent proficiency in Finnish and English and satisfactory proficiency in Swedish
The call for applications in full (in Finnish): www.tampere3.fi