9 Tenure Track positions open in Intelligent MachinesTampere University of Technology has a strong record of achievement in the fields of Intelligent Machines. We are now further strengthening these fields by opening 9 Tenure Track positions.
The fields within the area of Intelligent Machines can be categorized by their application areas comprising, for example, Artificial intelligence in industrial production, manufacturing and process environments, Robotics (Field Robotics, Industrial Robotics, Social Robotics), Autonomous vehicles and vessels, Smart Machines, Smart City and Smart mobility environments at large.
There are a plethora of core technologies and research domains that are crucial in these application areas. In particular, technologies and methods that contribute to the cognitive capabilities of future systems are in the front row; applied mathematics, computing algorithms, signal processing, machine learning, software architectures, electronics, cybersecurity, distributed connected systems, wireless communication, and automation technologies.
Our focus is in the following research areas:
- Applied mathematics - data science and related mathematical modelling
- Automation and systems engineering – large complex dynamic systems
- Embedded systems – electronics and digital design
- Computing – graphics processing, visualisation
- Signal processing – artificial intelligence, natural language processing
- Software engineering and development - real-time software, cybersecurity
- Communications Engineering – wireless communications, positioning and radar systems
We prefer applicants who can strengthen or expand our research in the current research fields, but exceptional candidates who specialize in enabling technologies that support research on intelligent machines may also be considered. The growing fields of intelligent machines and robotics are semantic modelling, machine connectivity, robot perception, intelligent manipulation, planning, machine learning, inverse mathemathical problems, predictive analytics, artificial intelligence, cognitive technologies, and human-robot interaction, which are also relevant research fields for the open position.
For more information on the positions and how to apply, please refer to www.tut.fi/openpositions.
The deadline for applications is 4 April 2018.