TUT is the most prolific open access publisher of all the technologically oriented universities in Finland. Researchers are encouraged to make their papers openly accessible: it takes some extra effort but brings tangible benefits.
- Language Centre
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial and Information Management
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Signal Processing
- Electrical Energy Engineering
- Pervasive Computing
- Automation and Hydraulic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Systems
- Materials Science
- Chemistry and Bioengineering
Tampere University of Technology is one of the two Finnish universities operating in the form of a foundation. The foundation model promotes the development of education and research at TUT and gives the University good prerequisites to succeed amid growing international competition. The proceeds of the 137 million euro foundation capital enable further investment in new openings in research and education as well as in the development of quality and operations management.