Name: Martin Schuster
Home country: Germany
Why did you choose TUT for exchange studies?
- Education level at TUT is very good
- Lots of courses are offered in English
- Studying at TUT was highly recommended by former exchange students
- TUT is Erasmus partner university of my home university
What is the best part of your studies?
- Course-related: I attend several courses with topics that are not covered by the lectures at my university, so it is a possibility to get in touch with different research areas and different points of view.
- "university-life": The distinctive student culture at TUT with its guilds and clubs is definitely an important part of my studies here. It is a perfect way to get in touch with lots of other students - exchange as well as Finnish students.
Why would you recommend TUT to prospective exchange students?
TUT offers both things which are important for students: Many interesting courses to choose from and lots of nice student events for life besides learning and hard work. With this combination it will never get boring.
How has studying at TUT/ living in Finland been for you?
So far quite exciting and with lots of positive experiences. It is quite easy to get around and manage life in Finland with only speaking English, so getting settled in the first weeks is absolutely no problem. The nature is overwhelming and invites to swim in the numerous lakes or to walk through the forest. Although Finnish is not an easy language, it is worth to learn some. I experienced that it is a very good way to get in touch with culture and living here and Finns are pleased to help if someone tries to learn their language.
Your own message to prospective exchange students:
TUT is a very recommendable place to spend one or more exchange semesters. I would highly recommend to become a member of a guild and to participate in events organized by Finnish students. There are definitely lots of new and overwhelming experices waiting.
Best part of the studies is university life
The distinctive student culture at TUT with its guilds and clubs is definitely an important part of my studies here. It is a perfect way to get in touch with lots of other students - exchange as well as Finnish students.