The established overall minimum requirements for admission are educational qualifications and language skills. If you meet these minimum requirements you are eligible to apply and your application will be considered, if you submit the required documents within the deadline.
Educational qualifications:The applicant must have a three- or four-year Bachelor of Science degree from an internationally recognized university. The overall grade (CGPA) of the degree should be at least 70 % of the maximum marks. The field of the BSc degree must be one of the following:
- Materials Science
- Physical or Process Metallurgy
- Ceramic Science
- Polymer Science
- Textile Technology
- Mechanical Engineering (with some materials studies included)
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Language test minimum requirements:
- TOEFL, paper-based test: 567 (written test minimum 3.5)
- TOEFL, internet-based test: 86 (written test minimum 20)
- IELTS: 6.5 (no part of the test below 5.5)
- Cambridge Language Certificate (CPE/CAE): C
- PTE Academic: 58
Please note that any other language certificate or free-form statement cannot be accepted. For instructions on delivering your score report to TUT, please see the section language requirements.
Besides meeting the minimum requirements, you should also consider the following terms and conditions before submitting your application:
- To be successful in Materials Science studies at TUT, every student should have basic knowledge of engineering mathematics, physics, and chemistry. In addition, the basic materials science knowledge while entering our program should include good background at least in structure and properties of crystalline materials, phase transformations, and processing and structures of polymers. A good overview of the entry requirements can be acquired from, for example, William D. Callister: Materials Science and Engineering, an Introduction.
- The application documents will be evaluated as a whole, meaning that every document will affect the result. Remember that if some of the required documents are missing, it will have a negative effect on the result.We do not proceed applications if any of the required document is missing.
- The motivation letter will be evaluated as one of the most important documents of your application, so please prepare it carefully. It is an essential way to bring out your own interest in the programme and demonstrate your motivation - what are you aiming to achieve by completing this programme?
- We will verify your references and may contact the applicant for further information.
- Since we recieve hundreds of applications within the application period, we unfortunately cannot answer any questions concerning the status of individual applications during the application process.
- We cannot accept any documents outside the application period.
How to apply?
Application period is open 3.12.2012- 28.2.2013. Details of application procedure and how to apply can be found on general info pages of TUT's master's programmes .