How to apply?
The application period for international master's degree programmes starts on 3 December 2012 and ends on 28 February 2013.The application should be well prepared and all documents must be sent at once in one envelope.
Before sending any application documents applicants must first register their application with the online application registration form, which is available online from 3 December until 28 February.
Application registration form
Please read the instructions below carefully before filling in the online registration form.The form is available only during the application period.
When you register as an applicant with the online registration form, you must complete all the required fields in one sitting. You cannot save your answers and return to them later on.
The online application registration form is divided into nine parts:
- Programme and study option you are applying to
- Personal information
- Contact information
- Academic qualification
- English language proficiency
- Professional experience
- Letters of recommendation
- Financial statement
- Additional information
After you have registered as an applicant, your application registration form is saved as a PDF file and sent to the email address given in the application registration form. The PDF file can be opened and printed with Adobe Acrobat Reader, a freeware programme available for download at http://www.adobe.com/.
Please remember to print out the PDF file. Add a photo to the printed application, sign it and send it enclosed with the required documents (application documents) to the mailing address of Tampere University of Technology.
Please also note that your application will not be processed unless you have sent the printed and signed application registration form enclosed with all the required documents. You should not make any handwritten notes on the registration form after you have printed it out.
Please note that if you apply for more than one programme, you need to submit a separate application package (application registration form and all the required documents) to each programme.
Send your application registration form enclosed with the required documents to:
Tampere University of Technology
PO Box 553
FI-33101 Tampere, FINLAND
If you use a courier service, please use the following address:
Tampere University of Technology
33720 Tampere, FINLAND
(Tel: +358 (0)3 3115 11)
Please write the name of the programme that you are applying for on the envelope.
If you are applying for more than one programme you can send the applications in one package but please note that each application has to be in a separate envelope.
Required application documents
- Print-out of the application registration form
- Copy of the original bachelor's degree certificate
- English translation of the bachelor's degree certificate
- Copy of the original transcript of records that lists the courses of the bachelor's degree programme
- English translation of the transcript of records
- Certificate of English language proficiency IELTS Academic, TOEFL, PTE Academic or CPE/CAE
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation letters: a minimum of two recommendation letters from academic and/or professional referees with their contact information
- Copy of your passport
- Portfolio (architecture applicants only!)